Blocked Toilets in Reading
Any kind of drain blockage in your home can be irritating to deal with. However, there are few issues more unpleasant and hazardous to your health than blocked toilets in Reading. The last thing you need is flushing the toilet when you’re already running late for work, only to find the backed-up waste from the last few days rising up through the pipes and flooding your bathroom.
Here at Drainage Care, we specialise in dealing with blockages of all kinds in a wide range of properties. Whether you’ve got home to find your toilet is suddenly blocked or your workplace’s toilets aren’t running as they should, our experienced team are here for you. Our drainage specialists can help you to clear even the worst blockages as quickly as possible. That isn’t only to return your toilets to their former glory, but also to limit the potential damage that these blockages can cause to your property.
The Dangers of Blocked Toilets in Reading Homes and Businesses
Blocked toilets can cause a wide range of problems in your home or business. The amount of damage or the size of the health hazard that this blockage can cause will depend on the severity of the blockage. Some blockages are barely noticeable or will provide only minor irritations to the user. However, if a blockage becomes too large, or finds itself settling in an unfortunate position, then the results can be much more serious.
Just some of the issues that blocked toilets in Reading can cause include:
- Slow Flushing and Gurgling – As with any drain when it becomes blocked, if the pipes of a toilet become blocked it can lead to irritating symptoms. For example, if a blockage causes the operating width of the pipe to lessen, then less water will be able to drain away at a time. That means the water will drain from the toilet much slower than normal. This can often be accompanied by a gurgling sound which is unpleasant to hear.
- Unpleasant Smells – Any blocked drain can end up smelling unpleasant. However, toilets run the risk of smelling worse than any other pipes. Human waste can sit in the pipes and fester. As bad as faeces and urine normally smell, if left in one place for any length of time they can smell a hundred times worse. These smells can prevent you, your customers or your employees from being able to use the bathroom at all.While this is bad enough in your own home, if this is in a commercial setting you could actively be deterring people from coming near your business.
- Health Hazards – As waste sits in the pipes, it can also cause a range of different health risks to anyone who uses the space. There is the risk of infections or a range of other diseases which can have long-lasting effects. Backed-up water, for example, can easily become a breeding ground for all kinds of harmful bacteria, including legionella.If allowed to remain in place, there is also the risk that they can exacerbate existing health issues, such as asthma or even certain allergies and sensitivities. There has even been research which links proximity to unclean water with skin complaints and other health issues.
If your home or business is suffering from blocked toilets in Reading, you need to make sure you call in a professional team immediately. The longer these blockages are left in place, the more damage they will cause to the drainage system and your property as a whole.
What Causes Blocked Toilets?
There are all kinds of things which can contribute to blocking off your toilet’s pipes. Just some of them include:
- Foreign Objects – If you, your employees or customers flush objects which aren’t suitable, then this could easily lead to major blockages in your pipes. Some of the most common objects responsible for blockages include:
- Baby Wipes.
- Feminine Products.
- Kitchen Roll.
- Hair – Although this isn’t as big a risk in toilets as compared to, say, sinks or showers, hair can still cause problems in these pipes. Many people will use the toilet to dispose of old hair on their brush, for example. This clump of hair, which is already knotted, can easily block pipes. This gets even worse when you consider the other materials that it will be combined within the pipes.
- Human Waste – One of the most common, and unpleasant, causes of toilet blockages is the presence of human waste in the pipes. Faeces can easily become trapped in the pipes, depending on their size. They will normally degrade due to flushing water, but when they are combined with toilet roll, they can create objects which are almost immovable without human interference.
Now, plungers will work for most of these issues. However, when the problem becomes too large to deal with yourself, it is important that you get in touch with a professional team.
We offer free estimates for all jobs with the best possible advice to find the right solution for your situation.
Get in Touch with Drainage Care for Blocked Toilets in Reading
Here at Drainage Care, we can provide drain unblocking services for all kinds of properties. We can provide reliable CCTV drain surveys to help us identify the location and composition of the blockage. As soon as we know what we are dealing with, we will use our industry-leading techniques to clear it as quickly as possible. We can provide all kinds of unblocking services, from high-pressure water-jetting to drain rodding.
For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch via our online contact form today. If you prefer, you can talk to our team directly by calling us on 0800 193 9973.
- 10 year guarantee with all work
- No call out charges
- 24/7 emergency drainage
- Free advice over the phone
- 100% positive feedback
- NADC approved