We offer free estimates for all jobs with the best possible advice to find the right solution for your situation.
Why choose us?
- Fully qualified drainage experts
- 1 hour response
- Accredited Health & Safety Contractor
- NADC accredited contractor
Blocked Sinks Reading
Having to suffer from blocked sinks in Reading can be a major problem for all kinds of properties. Whether the problem occurs in the kitchen or bathroom, it can make any space an unpleasant one to spend time in. These are common problems which are faced by both homeowners and businesses. Dealing with these issues can be a costly and irritating process if not managed by a professional team.
Here at Drainage Care, we can provide a comprehensive service to help unblock affected pipes and repair or replace any drains which have sustained damage over time. Our team have worked for many years to deliver high-quality drainage services to all kinds of properties across Reading, including both homes and businesses.
What Causes Blocked Kitchen and Bathroom Sinks in Reading?
Your household sinks are expected to deal with a lot over their lifetime. The sheer variety and amount of waste and detritus that they carry on a daily basis can lead to any pipe becoming blocked.
Just some of the most common causes of blocked sinks in Reading include:
- Fats, Oils and Grease – Otherwise known as FOGs, fats, oils and greases are some of the biggest culprits when it comes to blocked kitchen sinks. These fatty substances will adhere to the inside of your pipes and gradually cause your drains to become blocked. In addition to growing over time, they can also cause other food detritus to stick in the pipe, further contributing to the blockages.
- Hairs and Skin Cells – These kinds of detritus are more of a problem in bathroom sinks. Whenever you wash your hands, comb your hair or brush your teeth over a sink, you will be causing the bowl to fill with millions of dead skin cells and loose hairs. These can easily combine together to create extremely difficult to move blockages.
- Soap Scum – Both hand wash and cleaning products for plates and cutlery can create soap scum. By itself, soap scum is relatively harmless to your drains. Occasionally, it will adhere to your pipe’s interior walls, but that can normally be cleaned off with simple hot water. However, when combined with a range of other detritus, such as food waste, hair, skin cells, fats, oils and greases, it can quickly cause blockages of all kinds to develop.
- Foreign Objects – There is a wide range of different items which can quickly cause blockages in all kinds of pipes. Some commonly flushed materials can include:
- Baby Wipes and Nappies.
- Kitchen Roll.
What Can Happen if You Don’t Clear Your Blocked Sinks in Reading?
Blocked drains of any kind can be dangerous to your property. However, the effects can be instantly noticeable if you fail to deal with blocked sinks in your home or business. Blocked sinks can cause a range of issues, some of which are merely irritating, but many of which can actually pose health risks to the user.
Some of the irritating symptoms of a blocked sink can include:
- Slow Draining – When the pipe is partially blocked, water from your sink will drain extremely slowly. This is because the operating width of your pipes can shrink and lead to bottlenecks.
- Gurgling – When the water is finally cleared from your sink, it can often be accompanied by an extremely irritating gurgling sound. This occurs when the water finally passes through the blockage, allowing built-up air to pass through the drain.
In addition to these irritating problems, there are also some issues which are a little more dangerous to your health and the health of your property. Some of these issues can include:
- Sitting Food Waste – When any kind of organic waste is allowed to sit in your pipes due to a blockage, it can quickly rot and fester. As this food begins to rot, it will create an extremely unpleasant smell around the drain. This smell can carry with it a range of illnesses and, in the worst cases, can even attract flies and other insects.
- Leaking Pipes – If it has nowhere to go, water will begin to leak out of your pipes. This can lead to all kinds of water damage throughout your property. It is common for mould and damp to develop in homes and businesses with poorly maintained drains. There is also the risk that this moisture can cause floorboards, walls and even the foundations of your house to warp and shift.
Choose Drainage Care to Clear Blocked Sinks in Reading
Here at Drainage Care, our experienced team has worked in a wide range of properties to clear all kinds of blockages. We can work with you to identify the exact location of any blockage in your system using our specialist CCTV drain surveys. Once we’ve seen what kind of blockage we’re dealing with, and where it is located, we will use drain rodding or high-pressure water-jetting to clear these blockages as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Our professional team can deliver a comprehensive service to any property suffering from blocked sinks. Using a mixture of CCTV drain surveys and reliable drain unblocking tools, we can clear practically any blockage. If we can’t we are also able to provide a replacement or repair service for your drainage systems as required.
For more information, get in touch with our professional team today using our simple online contact form. If you prefer, you can call us directly on 0800 193 9973.
- Thames Ditton