We offer free estimates for all jobs with the best possible advice to find the right solution for your situation.
Why choose us?
- Fully qualified drainage experts
- 1 hour response
- Accredited Health & Safety Contractor
- NADC accredited contractor
Balcony Drainage System
Balconies are a great addition to any property. They can be used to add a small garden to your inner-city building, or simply allow you to relax out in the sun in the summer months. However, in winter, autumn or any time of year when there is heavy rainfall, balconies can become unpleasant and even dangerous places to be. Without an effective balcony drainage system, your property could even suffer structural damage during heavy rainfall.
Here at Drainage Care, we specialise in helping our clients’ properties resist any kind of water damage, from damaged drains to heavy rainfall. Standing water on a balcony can not only cause damage to the balcony itself, but also result in structural damage across your building. Thanks to balcony drainage systems, you’ll be able to enjoy your balcony without having to worry about any potential water damage or retention problems.
Why is a Balcony Drainage System Essential for Your Home or Business?
Balconies are exposed areas of your property. It is easy for water to collect in these spaces and remain there, with nowhere to flow. This can lead to all kinds of damage in your property, particularly on the adjacent walls or the connected room/corridor.
In addition to damage to your main building, there is a variety of issues which can develop on your balcony. Some of the most common problems which can affect your balcony’s structural integrity include:
- Sealant Wear – Water can enter poorly-done joint seals. This will cause moisture to build-up in the enclosed spaces. In many circumstances, this can cause seals to break apart and result in water settling on the balcony’s supports.
- Membrane Break Up – Water, if left on membranes, can cause the sealant to break apart. This can cause membranes to deteriorate and open the feature up to more damages.
- Movement of Tiles – Whether your balcony is made of tiles or floor linings, water can enter the joist spacings. This can cause the floor surface to shift, become unattached or even bubble and warp.
As you can see, balconies without effect drainage solutions are vulnerable to all kinds of damage. They can also cause damp, mould and other issues to develop in the surrounding areas of your property. These can not only be hazardous to your health but can be extremely costly and disruptive to repair
What are the Different Kinds of a Balcony Drainage System?
There are several kinds of balcony drainage systems, some of which are suitable for different styles of balconies. It is important that you improve your balcony space with an efficient drainage solution which offers a complete service. There’s no point including a balcony feature which pushes water to the edge of the surface without making sure it has somewhere to go. Some of the most popular balcony drainage systems include:
- Drainage Solutions – There is a wide range of systems which can be used to funnel standing water into drains. These are suitable for all kinds of balconies and terraces. These can either be installed between tiles to remove water from all areas of your balcony, or as one main drain line.
- Guttering Systems – Our professional team can provide guttering systems around the edge of your balcony. This will prevent water from falling off the edge of your balcony. Instead, it will be caught by the gutter and fed directly into a simple drain pipe running alongside your balcony or terrace.
The Risks of Drain Blockages for Your Balcony Drainage System
As your balcony drains and gutters are higher up than other drains, the only real threats to your guttering are leaves. Leaves can become clumped together in your drains or gutters and prevent water from flowing as it should. In the worst cases, this can lead to your balcony – and the rest of your property – flooding.
If you want to equip your home, hotel or other business with high-quality guttering and drainage solutions, then don’t forget that these systems will need cleaning and clearing occasionally too. Here at Drainage Care, we can deliver a comprehensive service to prevent these gutters from causing damage to your property.
For a Professionally-Installed Balcony Drainage System, Call Drainage Care Today
The Drainage Care team specialises in delivering comprehensive drainage systems to protect your home from water damage of all kinds. In addition to installing completely new balcony drainage systems, we can deliver maintenance to all kinds of systems. We can replace or repair broken pipes as required to ensure that your balcony drains are working as they should.
If you’re looking for more information on the benefits that a balcony drainage solution can provide to your property (and your neighbours’) get in touch with our team today. Our experts can work any balcony drainage system to deliver an industry-leading service. If you have any questions or concerns, then you can call our team directly on 0800 193 9973. If you prefer, you can get in touch through our simple online contact form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- Thames Ditton
Fill out a form: