Drainage Care Patio Drainage Systems
Although patios can be a stunning addition to any home, they can also be the cause of many problems. If you install a patio without effective patio drainage systems, then you could be laying the groundwork for serious structural damage. The last thing you want to do is be the cause of serious damage to your property, either due to ignorance or neglect.
Here at Drainage Care, we can deliver complete drainage systems to help your property avoid the risks of water damage. As patios are normally made from hard-wearing, weather-resistant stone, they can cause standing water. Without access to a well-designed drainage system, your property could suffer from a range of potential problems, including structural damage and health hazards.
What are Patio Drainage Systems?
A patio drainage system is a complete solution for use in all kinds of domestic and commercial patios. These systems will be used to remove water and prevent it from causing damage across your stone patio.
It is common for these systems to be integrated into your existing drainage options. In some cases, the original system may need to be altered to help deal with the increased volume of water it will be required to handle. An effective drainage system for your patio should be integrated into the initial design, rather than being added as an afterthought. This can improve the reliability of the system and help to eliminate all kinds of water and weather damage.
What are the Risks of Standing Water on my Patio?
Eliminating standing water on your patio is extremely important. It can lead to a wide range of problems, some of which are irritating, whereas others are hazardous to your property and health. Some of the most common problems include:
- Unusable Patios – If your patio retains water and allows it to remain in place, this can prevent you from being able to use the space effectively. In the worst cases, it can even stop you from being able to leave your property without wading through shallow puddles.
- Long-Term Damage to Patios – Both wooden and stone patios can suffer extensive damage from standing water. Wooden patios can easily warp and split, or even become rotten and mouldy, if standing water is left in place for extended periods of time. Stone, while more durable to all kinds of damage, can become discoloured, permanently damaged and loosely connected to the surface. Water can cause cracks to develop, cement and adhesives to break apart.
- Structural Damage to Your Property – In addition to damaging your patios, standing water and flooding can cause damage to your property. Exterior walls can easily suffer from water damage, including damp and mould. This can easily rise up your walls, resulting in serious structural issues to your home.In some cases, this water can even cause damage to your foundations. If it sinks down into the adjacent soil, it can cause the soil to swell. This adds more pressure on to your foundations. In many cases, this can force them to shift in place and, in the worst circumstances, even break apart.
How do Patio Drainage Systems Work?
Most patio drainage systems will be integrated into the design of the patio itself. They will usually by lowered from the main surface of the patio, which causes water to flow naturally in its direction. There are also integrated drainage solutions which will run between flagstones. These systems will create a wide surface area for drainage, enabling them to quickly and easily remove water from your patios.
These drains will usually be of thick metal or mesh, which allows water to flow down them but prevents other materials from entering the system. This is extremely important when it comes to preventing blockages from developing in your drains. These blockages can be caused by a complete range of materials, including leaves and twigs.
These drains will be connected to dedicated drainage pipes. These will allow the water to join your mains sewage lines. Once they have reached the main pipes, this water will be directed away from your property with your home or business’ grey water.
Thanks to patio drainage systems, you will be able to capture and remove all surface runoff. This can be essential when it comes to preventing all kinds of damage to your property. In addition, it will make your patio a comfortable and enjoyable space to spend your time.
Protect Your Property with Patio Drainage Systems from Drainage Care
Here at Drainage Care, we can design and install complete drainage systems and solutions for all kinds of patios. Both stone and wooden patios need effective drainage to prevent long-term damage to your property. Whether you’re looking for bespoke patio drainage or a comprehensive repair service throughout your home, our team are here for you.
For more information on the benefits of our bespoke patio solutions, get in touch with our experienced team today. You can reach our team directly by calling us on 0800 193 9973. You can also send any questions or concerns that you might have through our online contact form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- 10 year guarantee with all work
- No call out charges
- 24/7 emergency drainage
- Free advice over the phone
- 100% positive feedback
- NADC approved