Drainage Care Cavity Drain Systems
Here at Drainage Care, we can deliver a complete range of cavity drain systems for use in properties across the South-West of England. We can deliver industry-leading solutions which can prevent water damage across your property. These cavity drainage systems are normally used in basements and sub-structures to channel water away from your vulnerable surfaces.
Thanks to cavity drain systems, you’ll be able to prevent a range of structural issues which can have a serious impact on your home or business. Damp and mould are both common problems for buildings without effective drainage. Thanks to cavity drainage, you’ll be able to prevent these issues from developing in the first place. This can help you to avoid costly repairs and long-term structural concerns across your property.
What are Cavity Drain Systems?
These kinds of drainage tend to be installed inside cavity walls. They will prevent water from remaining in these areas, particularly in the most vulnerable spaces of your home or business. Basements, sub-structures and other underground areas are all vulnerable to extensive damage from the surrounding soil.
Thanks to cavity drainage systems, you’ll be able to direct this water away from direct contact with your space. This water can then be directed towards a sump or collection point, which will allow it to be easily disposed of. In many cases, these systems can also be integrated into your existing drainage solutions.
This is one of the most effective and reliable forms of waterproofing for your property. By choosing to install one of these solutions before any damage occurs, you will be able to avoid the cost of expensive repairs and replacements.
Why are Cavity Drain Systems So Important for Homes and Businesses in the UK?
Here in the UK, a wide range of homes and businesses have been designed with cellars, basements and other sub-structures. These areas are vulnerable to water damage from the surrounding soil or earth. In many cases, this damage can rise throughout your property, allowing mould and damp to grow everywhere. This can become a serious structural issue requiring extensive and costly repairs. In some cases, it can even make the home or business unsuitable for habitation.
What are the Risks of Sub-Structures?
As sub-structures, cellars and basements are all underground, they are surrounded by soil. This soil can easily become swollen and waterlogged following a burst pipe or heavy rainfall. As it swells, this soil will move and shift. Once it dries, it will shrink again, which can lead to gaps directly against your basement. These gaps can easily fill up with water.
Both waterlogged soil and trapped water can cause problems for your sub-structure. Some of the most common risks for these areas can include:
- Damp and Mould – Without effective insulation and cavity drainage systems, your property will start to suffer from damp and mould. Collected water will, eventually, seep into your surfaces. This can lead to a range of health concerns as well as structural weaknesses. These issues can also cause serious problems to those with pre-existing health conditions or weakened immune systems.
- Flooding – It is easy for water to seep through your unprotected walls and, in many cases, lead to flooding. This can not only prevent you from being able to access your basement, it can be extremely expensive to clear up. It can also destroy prized possessions, particularly if you use your basement as a storage area.
- Foul Water and Sickness – If water can remain in place, it can lead to a variety of serious health concerns. Water can quickly become foul. It can become a breeding ground for all kinds of bacteria, which can make your home or business uninhabitable.
How Do Cavity Drain Systems Work?
Cavity drainage solutions can drain water from these cavity walls. They will rely on pumps and natural drainage to divert water away from the vulnerable surface of your walls. This will prevent all the above problems from developing in the first place. Cavity drains are one of the most affordable ways of preventing damage to your property.
Some of the major benefits of cavity drains can include:
- Quick and Easy Installation for Most Substrates.
- Provide a Complete Water Barrier.
- Delivers Protection Against Water Vapour.
- Resistant to A Range of Chemicals.
- Hard-Wearing Drainage Solutions for Homes and Businesses.
Choose Drainage Care for Industry-Leading Cavity Drain Systems in the UK
Here at Drainage Care, our experienced team can install a complete range of drainage systems. We offer our services to residential, commercial and industrial properties across the South-West of England. We can deliver effective cavity drainage systems to buildings with a wide range of substrates, including concrete, masonry, sheeting and concrete-piled walls.
Whether you’re looking to protect your basement from the risks of cavity flooding or eliminate damp/mould, get in touch with our team today. You can reach our experienced team of drainage specialists by calling us directly on 0800 193 9973. You can also send any questions or concerns that you might have through our online contact form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- 10 year guarantee with all work
- No call out charges
- 24/7 emergency drainage
- Free advice over the phone
- 100% positive feedback
- NADC approved