Drain Unblocking Reigate
Blocked Drains Reigate? When it comes to great property maintenance, it is essential that you don’t forget about the drains. We have a tendency not to think about these essential systems until they start to cause problems. Any kind of drainage issue can be very irritating to deal with. In the worst cases, they can even lead to lasting damage to a property. Dealing with drain unblocking in Reigate is absolutely essential if you want to keep your property a safe and comfortable space to live or work.
With Drainage Care, our reliable team can deliver a comprehensive range of drainage services for a variety of properties across the Reigate area. Whether your business is flooding due to a blocked drain or your home is full of unpleasant smells, our team of experienced drainage specialists are here for you.
Blocked Drains Reigate
Your drains can easily become blocked in a number of ways. Some will be due to your own treatment of the drains in your home or business, while others could be caused by the environment, the weather or other influences beyond your control. These blockages can cause a wide range of problems to your property, so it is important that you know how your pipes have become blocked; this can allow you to avoid the same mistakes in the future.
Just some of the most common causes of drain blockages in properties across the UK can include:
- Flushing the Wrong Things – Some of the most common causes of drain blockages in the UK are due to the user flushing the wrong materials down the toilet. While toilet roll and human waste is fine as it will degrade in the pipes and be carried away, there is a variety of other materials which will not. Some of the biggest problems for toilet drainage systems to handle is regular, household materials such as:
- Kitchen Roll.
- Sanitary Products.
- Makeup and other personal products.
- Wet Wipes or Baby Wipes.
These materials can very easily become trapped in the drains and lead to difficult to move blockages. As the blockage will often occur close to the toilet, it can result in a range of issues including slow toilet-draining, unpleasant smells and human waste becoming trapped in the pipe.
- Drains and Pipes Collapsing – Drains or pipes which aren’t suitable for their position in the system are vulnerable to collapsing in on themselves. This commonly happens for main drains before they join the main sewer lines. These pipes are placed under a great deal of pressure by the rest of the system and, when combined with the threats from soil movement or plant growth, it is easy for them to become damaged.
- Tree Root Intrusion – One of the most serious issues for your drains can occur when a tree root or other natural growth enters your drains. Roots are attracted to the moisture in your pipes and will enter through even the tiniest of cracks or gaps. Tree roots can grow extremely quickly in your drains, resulting in hard-to-shift blockages.
- FOGs and Food Waste – Food waste, especially fats, oils and greases (otherwise known as FOGs) are a major concern for your drain’s health. These substances can easily adhere to the inside of your pipes and begin to build up. They can completely close of your drain or simply reduce the operational width at a certain point, increasing pressure on the rest of the system. They can even contribute to the corrosion of the pipes wherever they adhere to them. Fats, oils and other greases can be difficult to shift without the right equipment, so you need to get in touch with a professional team for these issues. FOG blocked drains Reigate need to be effectively cleaned and the pipe treated to prevent the issue from developing again.
Here at Drainage Care, we can help you to target the location of these blockages and ensure they are being eliminated in the best way. Thanks to our industry-leading CCTV drain surveys, we can work with you to identify any drainage problems, including blockages and damage to the pipes. Following CCTV drain surveys, we will be able to recommend the best way to proceed after seeing the blockage up close.
Why are Blocked Drains in Reigate Such a Problem?
Any kind of drainage issue can lead to a variety of issues across your property. Relatively minor ones can include slow-draining or gurgling drains and sinkholes. However, in the worst cases, blockages can increase the pressure on your system. This can cause pipes to burst across your property, which will result in property damage, damp, mould and even potential flooding.
There is also the risk that waste can become trapped in the pipes, resulting in a hazardous environment to your health. Unpleasant smells coming from your drains are a good sign that you are putting your health at risk whenever you spend time in your property.
As you can see, it is important that you deal with any and all blocked drains or other drainage issues in a quick and timely manner. Otherwise, you could end up with a costly repair bill or even an environment which is hazardous to your health.
Contact Drainage Care Today for Blocked Drains Reigate
If you want a professional team to work with you to eliminate any blocked drains at your property, get in touch with Drainage Care UK today. We can help you to keep your drains clear through our comprehensive service. We can use our industry-leading technology to find your blockage with CCTV drain surveys and advise you on the best way to proceed. We can also offer a range of different drain services in Reigate, including high-pressure water-jetting. Regardless of the problem, you can expect the highest standard of service for your drainage issues. We strive to be the best in our field.
For more information on our diverse range of groundworks and drain ublocking services in Reigate, get in touch with our team today. You can reach us directly by calling us on 0800 193 9973. Alternatively, you can send any queries or concerns you have via our simple online contact form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- 10 year guarantee with all work
- No call out charges
- 24/7 emergency drainage
- Free advice over the phone
- 100% positive feedback
- NADC approved