Drain Unblocking Guildford
Blocked Drains Guildford? When it comes to great property maintenance, it is important that you don’t forget about your drains. We don’t tend to think about these essential systems until they start to cause problems. Any drainage issue can be a source of irritation. In the worst cases, they can even lead to long-term property damage. Dealing with drain unblocking in Guildford is essential if you want to keep your property a safe and comfortable space to live or work.
At Drainage Care, our professional team can deliver a comprehensive range of drainage services for all kinds of properties across the Guildford area. Whether your business is flooding due to a blocked drain or your home is full of unpleasant smells, our team of experienced drainage specialists are available to help you clear those unwanted blockages.
Here at Drainage Care UK, we operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week for all your emergency drain needs. We offer drain inspections and commercial drainage service in Guilford. We are able to provide a range of different drain services from having a cleaned drain to unblocking the kitchen sink. We also offer CCTV surveys, these are not at a fixed price and vary depending on your house’s size. So don’t leave your pipes blocked for too long and contact Guilford Blocked Drains.
Blocked Drains Guildford
It can be easy for your drains to become blocked in a variety of ways. Sometimes, this can be due to your own treatment of the drains in your home or business, while others may occur due to the influence of the environment, the weather or other circumstances beyond your control. These blockages can cause a wide range of problems to your property, therefore, it is important that you know why your pipes have become blocked; and avoid the same mistakes in the future.
Some of the more common causes of drain blockages in properties can include:
- Flushing the Wrong Things – Some of the most common causes of drain blockages in the UK are due to a user flushing the wrong materials down the toilet. While toilet roll and human waste is fine as it will eventually degrade in the pipes and be carried away, there is a variety of other materials which will not be so easy to dispose of. Some of the biggest problems for toilet drainage systems to handle are regular, household materials such as:
- Wet Wipes or Baby Wipes.
- Kitchen Roll.
- Sanitary Products.
These materials can become trapped in the drains and lead to difficult blockages. As the blockage will often occur near to the toilet itself, this can result in a variety of issues including slow toilet-draining, unpleasant smells and human waste becoming trapped in the pipe.
- FOGs and Food Waste – Food waste, especially fats, oils and greases (otherwise known as FOGs) are a major concern for the effective functioning of your drain. These substances can easily adhere to the inside of your pipes and gradually build up. They can completely close of your drain or simply reduce the operational width at a certain point, increasing pressure on the rest of the system. They can even contribute to the corrosion of the pipes wherever they adhere to them. Fats, oils and greases can be difficult to shift without the right equipment, so you need to get in touch with a professional team for these issues. FOG blocked drains Guildford need to be effectively cleaned and the pipe treated to prevent the issue from developing again.
- Tree Root Intrusion – One of the most serious issues for your drains can be when a tree root or other natural growth enters your drains. Roots can be attracted to the moisture in your pipes and can enter through even the smallest of cracks or gaps. Tree roots can grow extremely quickly in your drains, resulting in hard-to-shift blockages.
- Drains and Pipes Collapsing – Drains or pipes which aren’t suitable for their position in the system are often vulnerable to collapsing in on themselves. This happens most commonly for main drains before they join the main sewer lines. These pipes are placed under a large amount of pressure by the rest of the system and, when combined with the threats from soil movement or plant growth,can easily become damaged.
Here at Drainage Care, we can help you to identify the location of these blockages and ensure they are being eliminated in the best way. Thanks to our CCTV drain surveys, we can work with you to identify any drainage problems, including blockages and damage to the pipes. Following CCTV drain surveys, we will be able to recommend the best way to proceed after seeing the blockage up close.
We offer free estimates for all jobs with the best possible advice to find the right solution for your situation.
Why are Blocked Drains Guildford Such a Problem?
Any kind of drainage issue can lead to a variety of issues across your property. Relatively minor ones can include slow-draining or gurgling drains and sinkholes. However, in the worst cases, blockages can increase the pressure on your system. This can cause pipes to burst across your property, which will result in property damage, damp, mould and even potential flooding.
There is also the risk that waste can become trapped in the pipes, resulting in a hazardous environment to your health. Unpleasant smells coming from your drains are a good sign that you are putting your health at risk whenever you spend time in your property.
As you can see, it is important that you deal with any and all blocked drains or other drainage issues in a quick and timely manner. Otherwise, you could end up with a costly repair bill or even an environment which is hazardous to your health.
Contact Drainage Care Today for Blocked Drains Guildford
If you want a professional team to work with you to eliminate any blocked drains at your property, get in touch with Drainage Care UK today. We can help you to keep your drains clear through our comprehensive service. We can use our industry-leading technology to find your blockage with CCTV drain surveys and advise you on the best way to proceed. We can also offer a range of different drain unblocking services, including high-pressure water-jetting. Whatever the nature of your drainage problem, you’ll be assured of a professional, helpful and expert service which will resolve any difficulties you are experiencing.
For more information on our diverse range of groundworks and drain unblocking services in Guildford, get in touch with our team today. You can reach us directly by calling us on 0800 193 9973. Alternatively, you can send any queries or concerns you have via our simple online contact form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- 10 year guarantee with all work
- No call out charges
- 24/7 emergency drainage
- Free advice over the phone
- 100% positive feedback
- NADC approved