Drain Unblocking Newbury
Blocked drains in any kind of property can lead to a wide range of issues which have the potential to cause long-term damage. If you don’t take steps to clear any blockages in your home or business, then you could be looking at a costly repair bill sometime in the near future.
Here at Drainage Care, we can deal with all kinds of drain unblocking in Newbury and across the South-West. Whether your home or business is suffering due to one of these problems, our experienced team are here for you. We can help you to identify the source of the blockage and remove it if possible. In some cases, we can provide a comprehensive repair or replacement service for your affected pipes.
Why Are Blocked Drains in Newbury So Dangerous?
As with any part of your property, keeping your drains and pipes maintained is essential. Unfortunately, you can’t easily see when your drains are becoming blocked. If you aren’t actively looking out for the warning signs, it can be easy to miss them until they become serious.
When blocked drains in Newbury do start to become serious, they can have a wide range of issues and complications for your property. Any kind of blockage can cause the pressure to spike within the system, for example. This can result in pipes and drains bursting or cracking. This will lead to leaks across your property. In some cases, these leaks can result in mould, damp or even flooding of certain areas.
There is also the risk that waste of all kinds can easily become trapped in the blocked drain. Human waste or food waste is a major health hazard if they are left to sit in your pipes. They can create extremely unpleasant smells throughout your property and carry a range of different illnesses and infections.
We offer free estimates for all jobs with the best possible advice to find the right solution for your situation.
What Causes Blocked Drains in Newbury?
There are many different ways for drains to become blocked in the UK. Understanding just how and why your drains have become blocked is an important first step in dealing with the problem before it spirals out of control. It can also be essential when it comes to preventing blockages on your property in the future.
There are all kinds of things which lead to blocked drains, but not all of them are your fault. Some are simply down to bad luck or the environment that the drains are operating in. Some of the issues that you will have little control over can include:
- Tree Roots – Tree roots are naturally attracted to moisture. The water in your drains will cause any nearby tree or plant roots to grow in its direction. As they grow, these roots can sometimes intrude directly into the pipes. They only require a tiny gap, crack or loose connection to enter your pipe.Once inside, these roots will grow quickly thanks to the water, moisture and warmth in the pipes. In just a few short months, a root can grow and completely or partially fill a pipe. Either way, the blockage can prevent waste from leaving your property and increase the pressure throughout the system. As tree roots are naturally hard-wearing, they will also be difficult to remove.
- System Collapses – Drains and pipes are all designed to offer long-lasting and reliable service. However, if your system features pipes which aren’t designed to deal with the pressure required, or if they’ve sustained some other kind of damage, there is the risk that they can burst or collapse.When a drainage pipe collapses, the debris can block the rest of the pipe. However, the greater risk is that the water and waste will move into the soil around the burst pipe. This can lead to compacted soil, waterlogged gardens and even result in water damage to your property. Damage to your foundations is also extremely common.
In addition to these potential problems, there are also issues which can develop as a result of your own actions. These can include:
- Flushing the Wrong Materials – If you flush materials like kitchen roll, feminine products or wet wipes, then you could be creating blockages which are incredibly hard to shift.
- Fats, Oils and Greases – Fats, oils and greases – otherwise known as FOGs – can lead to all kinds of blocked drains. These substances can stick to the inside of your pipes and cause blockages and the narrowing of the pipe’s width. Fats, oils and greases can contribute to a range of different blockages and increase pressure across the system.
For Comprehensive Drain Services, Get in Touch with Drainage Care Today
Here at Drainage Care, we can deliver comprehensive drainage services to help you resolve your property’s issues. Our team can work with you to eliminate blocked drains in Newbury for all kinds of properties.
We can provide CCTV drain surveys to help you identify the source of the blockage, and offer advice on how to avoid the same issue in the future. In addition to CCTV drain surveys, we can offer a range of drain unblocking services, including high-pressure water-jetting, to help you clear your property’s drains. In extreme circumstances, we can even offer replacement and repair services to restore your drainage system to its former glory.
For more information on the wide range of services that we can deliver, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our professional team today. You can call our team directly on 0800 193 9973. If you prefer, you can use our simple online contact form and we’ll get back in touch as soon as we can.
- 10 year guarantee with all work
- No call out charges
- 24/7 emergency drainage
- Free advice over the phone
- 100% positive feedback
- NADC approved