Drain Unblocking Didcot
When it comes to great property maintenance, it is essential that you don’t forget about your drains. We don’t tend to think about these essential systems until they start to cause us problems. Any kind of drainage issue can be extremely irritating to deal with. In the worst cases, they can even lead to long-term property damage. Dealing with drain unblocking Didcot is absolutely essential if you want to keep your property a safe and comfortable space to live or work.
Here at Drainage Care, our professional team can deliver a comprehensive range of drainage services for all kinds of properties across the South East. Whether your business is flooding due to a blocked drain or your home is full of unpleasant smells, our team of experienced drainage specialists is here for you.
Drainage Care UK is a family run, reliable service with years of experience within the drainage company around the Reading, Berkshire area. Available 24 hours a day for your local drain sewers services, although we do not offer a fixed price we do offer amazing competitive prices for your problem.
Blocked Drains Didcot – What Causes Them?
Your drains can easily become blocked in a variety of ways. Some will be down to your own treatment of the drains in your home or business, whereas others could be due to the environment, the weather or other influences beyond your control. These blockages can cause a wide range of problems to your property, so it is important that you know how and why your pipes have become blocked; this can allow you to avoid the same mistakes in the future.
Just some of the most common causes of drain blockages in properties across the UK can include:
- Flushing the Wrong Things – Some of the most common causes of drain blockages in the UK are due to the user flushing the wrong materials down the toilet. While toilet roll and human waste is fine as it will degrade in the pipes and be carried away, there is a variety of other materials which will not. Some of the biggest problems for toilet drainage systems to handle is regular, household materials such as:
- Kitchen Roll.
- Feminine Products.
- Wet Wipes or Baby Wipes.
These materials can all too easily become trapped in the drains and lead to difficult to move blockages. As the blockage will often occur close to the toilet, it can result in a range of issues including slow toilet-draining, unpleasant smells and human waste becoming trapped in the pipe.
- Drains and Pipes Collapsing – Drains or pipes which aren’t suitable for their position in the system are often vulnerable to collapsing in on themselves. This happens most commonly for main drains before they join the main sewer lines. These pipes are placed under a great deal of pressure by the rest of the system and, when combined with the threats from soil movement or plant growth, they can easily become damaged.
- FOGs and Food Waste – Food waste, especially fats, oils and greases (FOGs) are a major concern for your drain’s health. These substances can easily adhere to the inside of your pipes and begin to build up. They can completely close of your drain or simply reduce the operational width at a certain point, increasing pressure on the rest of the system. They can even contribute to the corrosion of the pipes wherever they adhere to them.Fats, oils and greases can be difficult to shift without the right equipment, so you need to get in touch with a professional team for these issues. FOG blocked drains Didcot need to be effectively cleaned and the pipe treated to prevent the issue from developing again.
- Tree Root Intrusion – One of the most serious issues for your drains is when a tree root or other natural growth enters your drains. Roots are attracted to the moisture in your pipes and can enter through even the tiniest of cracks or gaps. Tree roots can grow extremely quickly in your drains, resulting in hard-to-shift blockages.
Here at Drainage Care, we can help you to identify the location of these blockages and ensure they are being eliminated in the best way. Thanks to our industry-leading CCTV drain surveys, we can work with you to identify any drainage problems, including blockages and damage to the pipes. Following CCTV drain surveys, we will be able to recommend the best way to proceed after seeing the blockage up close.
Why are Blocked Drains Didcot Such a Problem?
Any kind of drainage issue can lead to a variety of issues across your property. Relatively minor ones can include slow-draining or gurgling drains and sinkholes. However, in the worst cases, blockages can increase the pressure on your system. This can cause pipes to burst across your property, which will result in property damage, damp, mould and even potential flooding.
There is also the risk that waste can become trapped in the pipes, resulting in a hazardous environment to your health. Unpleasant smells coming from your drains are a good sign that you are putting your health at risk whenever you spend time in your property.
As you can see, it is important that you deal with any and all blocked drains or other drainage issues in a quick and timely manner. Otherwise, you could end up with a costly repair bill or even an environment which is hazardous to your health.
Contact Drainage Care Today for Blocked Drains Didcot
If you want a professional team to work with you to eliminate any blocked drains at your property, get in touch with Drainage Care UK today. We can help you to keep your drains clear through our comprehensive service. We can use our industry-leading technology to find your blockage with CCTV drain surveys and advise you on the best way to proceed. We can also offer a range of different drain unblocking services in Didcot, including high-pressure water-jetting.
For more information on our diverse range of groundworks and drain unblocking services in Didcot, get in touch with our team today. You can reach us directly by calling us on 0800 193 9973. Alternatively, you can send any queries or concerns you have via our simple online contact form, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
- 10 year guarantee with all work
- No call out charges
- 24/7 emergency drainage
- Free advice over the phone
- 100% positive feedback
- NADC approved